The criminal defense attorneys at Smith's Law Offices represent clients in all areas of criminal law from felonies and misdemeanors, to DUI’s and traffic citations. Smith's Law Offices is a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rated law firm, ready to bring their experience, care and skill to your legal defense.
Being faced with criminal charges places one in the difficult position of having the resources of the State, from the police department through the prosecutor’s office, being used to punish. One must also be aware of the potential effects of pleas and convictions on careers, families, domestic relations, custody, drivers licenses, CDLs, and more.
A guilty plea with hopes that a court will show leniency may at first seem the easiest way to resolve a criminal charge; however, the best approach is to put the State to the test with an aggressive criminal defense attorney, demanding your rights be protected. The attorneys at Smith's Law Offices offer free initial consultations and a strategic legal defense to protect your rights before they are lost.
The criminal defense attorneys of Smith's Law Offices provide their clients personalized representation, the benefits of the experienced legal knowledge required to navigate the criminal process, the legal experience to fully understand their options to make their own decisions without pressure, and the trial lawyer experience to aggressively take the matter through trial when needed.
Can you represent yourself when faced with a criminal charge? Yes you can, but no you should not. These are some facts.
- Being right means little unless you can convince the prosecutor, judge, or jury that you are right and make them understand why.
- What seems simple at first may quickly become complicated, especially if you do not know what is around the next turn in the process.
- If your case goes badly, you may regret representing your self, but by then it may be too late.
- The law is complex, including for example the rules the police must follow, the rules to follow with the court (e.g., State and Local Rules of Criminal Procedure), the rules regarding the presentation of your case (e.g., Rules of Evidence), the potential implications of the charges, the statutes that define the crimes, and the thousands upon thousands of cases that interpret the rules and statutes and your Constitutional rights.
- Attorneys are the professionals who are trained to understand these laws, how they may relate to you, and how to protect your rights and interests.
We simply cannot recommend going to court without an attorney. We recommend you seek a doctor for your medical needs, a mechanic for your auto repairs, and an attorney when you must go to court.
If you are faced with a legal issue that has led you to seek out an attorney, then you deserve a free consultation with an attorney at Smith's Law Offices to see what we can do for you. Contact us today for a free, no obligation, consultation with Smith's Law Offices' attorneys.
20545 Center Ridge Rd.
Rocky River, OH 44116
Satellite Office Locations:
Port Clinton, Ohio
South Euclid, Ohio
The Law Offices of
Brian J. Smith, ltd.